1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
3. Disconnect the electrical connections at the starter motor.
4. Remove the torque converter cover.
5. Remove the starter bolts. Remove the shims, as needed.
6. Remove the starter motor from the engine.
Verify the new starter motor is a PG260 F2. The PG260 F2 is shown.
The PG260 F1 is similar, but will not function properly on the 3.8L (VIN K) engine.
1. Install the starter motor and any removed shims to the engine.
NOTE : Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.
2. Install the starter bolts.
Tighten the bolts to 43 N.M (32 lb ft).
3. Install the torque converter cover.
4. Connect the electrical connections to the starter motor.
* Tighten the starter solenoid BAT terminal nut to 9.5 N.M (84.05 lb in).
* Tighten the starter solenoid switch S terminal nut to 2.3 N.M (8.8 lb in).
5. Lower the vehicle.
6. Connect the negative battery cable.
Friday, February 18th, 2011 AT 9:45 PM