1999 Chevrolet Blazer

DCBAIN
  • 1999 CHEVROLET BLAZER
How do I remove the blower motor from a 1999 Chevrolet Blazer?
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 3:32 PM

DOCFIXIT
Need to cut that puppy out remove stuff in way then cut along lines see diagram. Then RTV back on
-1
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 3:38 PM
M_H_RITZEL
The blower motor can be removed from under the hood on the passangers side firewall. Mark the motor and the firewall so the new one can be installed correctly. Disconnect the cooling tube small rubber tube that hangs down. Carefully disconnect the two wire connector. Sometimes they get a little stuburn or get stuck together. Use a little wd 40 and spray the 6 screws that are around the motor assembly. Just makes it easier to get out so they don't strip. Make sure all other wires are free and out of the way. Slowely wiggle the heater motor shroud back and forth. Most times you probable need a small screwdriver to help to start to loosen it up there is sealer that helps hold it in place . Once you get it a little loose keep moving it to get the sealer loose enough to slip the motor and housing out. Move it straight out as the fan is connected to it. Once removed the fan itself can be removed removing the nut and moving the fan off. You have to remove the fan in order to get the motor off the motor shroud be careful the fan is made of plastic. Install in reverse. Make sure the drain plug and the wire connections are positioned like the motor that came out. A thing to watch is that the motor is on the motro shroud just like the old one came off.
+4
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 4:09 PM
DOCFIXIT
Opps for got diagram
+1
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 4:24 PM
DOCFIXIT
Opps forgat diagram
-1
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 4:26 PM
M_H_RITZEL
DOCFIXIT IS RIGHT, I thaught I had pulled out the later chevy manual and pulled out a earlier one and without realizing it, gave you the instructions for the earlier heater motor removal. My mistake. Thanks, Docfixit for picking my mistake up
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 AT 5:32 PM