NO CRANK NO START

1999 Cadillac SLS

lamar13qb

October, 19, 2013 AT 10:15 AM

I have a no crank no start issue and I have had the battery replaced, cables checked, ignition switch replaced, and starter checked. I also have checked all of my fuses and relays. I think it may be a grounding issue but I have checked the battery ground and I do not know where the ground is that controls the starter. What would be my next step?

hmac300

October, 19, 2013 AT 10:47 AM

Check to se if the circuit breaker is sending power through or it's the starter.

lamar13qb

October, 19, 2013 AT 12:58 PM

I tested the circuit breaker with a multimeter and it checks out but I am not getting voltage to that port where the circuit breaker goes. The positive battery cable that connects to that fuse box has voltage.

hmac300

October, 19, 2013 AT 1:05 PM

It sounds like its a problem with the fuse box or at lest where it connects to the circuit breaker you'll hav eto pull the box apart if you can and look under to see if the connection has been lost. But before you do that jump with a wire from hot to other side of breaker and see if car will turn over. You'll need a 12 gauge jumper wire with afuse if possible. Also there are two starter relay s on this so one of those could be bad as well

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Starter Replacement