How do I replace the ignition lock cylinder on a '99 Seville SLS, cannot turn the key.

JKRUG
  • 1999 CADILLAC SEVILLE

I have the radio and heater removed, two screws on the radio side removed, electrical connectors removed, I can release the lock tab for the park/lock cable but can't seem to push it back far enough to remove it from the housing, also not sure how to remove ignition bezel and light ring

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 5:12 AM

LOCK CYLINDER

Removal & Installation
Remove turn signal switch. See TURN SIGNAL SWITCH. With ignition key removed, remove buzzer switch. Insert key into lock cylinder. On all except "C" body, turn lock cylinder to LOCK position. Remove lock cylinder retaining screw.
On "H" body, remove pivot and pulse switch connector from bulkhead connector and remove 13-way secondary lock. Remove pass key wire terminals No. 12 and 13.
On "C" body, remove lower and upper column shroud. Turn key to START position. Push lock cylinder lock pin using 1/16" Allen wrench. Release key to RUN position.
On all bodies, remove lock cylinder. To install, reverse removal procedure. Tighten fasteners to specification. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS.

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 7:44 AM
JKRUG

The ignition switch is in the dash not the steering colum.

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 7:58 AM

Which one are you trying to replace? Is it the ignition switch or the ignition cylinder lock?

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 8:34 AM
JKRUG

The one in the dash the key goes into.

+2
Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 8:57 AM

See above

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 10:28 AM

Above is your ignition cylinder lock for 99 Caddy deville

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 10:30 AM
JKRUG

I have a '99 Seville SLS, would that be a different procedure than a Deville.

-1
Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 2:21 PM

Its the same

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 3:00 PM
JKRUG

I'm trying to attach a photo, the photo you added does not look like my ignition lock cylinder, mine is in the dash, I have to go through the radio, hvac opening to get to it, it's not in the steering colum

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 4:33 PM
JKRUG

I don't know how to attach photos, if there's a number I can message them to I'd like for you to see them so you can see I'm not crazy.

Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 5:23 PM