REAR VIEW MIRROR LOOSE

1999 Cadillac Seville

Broberg

April, 30, 2011 AT 3:41 PM

How do I tighten the inside rear view mirror on my 1999 Cadillac Seville SLS?

cadieman

April, 30, 2011 AT 5:51 PM

Use a alan wrench look where it hooks to the glass. Youll see it in the mirror housing. Gl

Broberg

May, 1, 2011 AT 7:22 PM

Hi cadieman, The mirror mount consists of a plastic piece which is mounted to the glass. Then the mirror housing mounts over that plastic piece. The mirror housing is loose and wiggles on the plastic mount fixed to the glass. There are no allen screws visible on the mirror housing.

cadieman

May, 3, 2011 AT 5:53 PM

The mirror will have to be replaced. The mirror has a clip that is retaining it. It slides on and when its on all the way the clip locks it. This is a tricky part to replacement. Because I was allways afraid of cracking the windshild. Try to pull the mirror up to slide it off. If no you will need to use a rubber hammer to knock it loose by hitting the mirror arm. Try not to hit the piece that hooks directly to the windshield. The new one will slide on and lock. Gl

Broberg

May, 3, 2011 AT 9:35 PM

Thank you, caddieman. I had the car in to a Cadillac dealer today for an oil change and the mechanic told me about the mirror slipping over the plastic mount on the windshield, as you describe. He said the mirror is expensive to replace so I have decided to place a wooden wedge between the windshield and the lower part of the mirror housing to keep it tight. I hope that works.

cadieman

May, 4, 2011 AT 1:32 AM

Also look for this part at a salvage yard. This mirror is stock for all the cadis. They finally came up with a good mirror.I would buy this part 2nd hand with out a worry. They should give it to you for a good price. Thats better than a wood wedge

Broberg

May, 6, 2011 AT 2:45 AM

Good idea. Hadn't thought about that.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Dynamat Door Installation