NO POWER TO START

1999 Cadillac Deville

christinefrederick

October, 1, 2012 AT 12:29 AM

I have a 1999 Cadillac Deville and I tried to start it the other day and it has no power. I can jump start it and it will run. Turn key off and try later and again no power, nothing. Checked battery, alternator and cleaned battery cables. What should I do next?

October, 1, 2012 AT 12:32 AM

Charge battery and have it load tested.

Check the alternator with it running as it should have 14 to 14.5 running.

christinefrederick

October, 1, 2012 AT 12:39 AM

We did check alternator while it was running. And it did have a 14.5 while running. It baffles me cuz we checked all the obvious. Anymore suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

October, 1, 2012 AT 12:44 AM

Sounds like you have a bad battery.

October, 1, 2012 AT 1:25 AM

ACTUALLY READ "MY ANSWER" IN THIS POST---CLICK ON THE SEVERAL LINKS WITHIN "MY ANSWER" AND READ THEM TOO!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1993-pontiac-grand-wont-start-clicking-relay-lights-gauges-flicker

THIS SAVES ME A LOT OF HUNTING AND PECKING!

RETURN WITH GOOD NEWS OF SOME SORT

christinefrederick

October, 9, 2012 AT 1:25 PM

Ok charged battery on a charger. My friend came over and he did it for me. Now I have another question lol Where is the fuse for the computer(ECU)? Im suppose to pull it so I can reset it. Yes my friend told me to its his car. I have done this before when I owned my 2001 Olds Alero so I do know a bit bout cars and such. Thanks

matttyw20

October, 10, 2012 AT 4:04 AM

The fuse should say ECM or ECU make sure after you pull it out to turn the key to the on position for a few minutes before u turn the ignition off an put fuse back in

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang