FIX FOR STRIPPED BLOCK SIDE FOR BELT PULLEY

1999 Cadillac Deville

jgallo

July, 16, 2012 AT 4:32 AM

I have a 99 Cadillac deville. The serpentine belt pulley was recently replaced. The previous one broke at the block. I used an easy out to successfully remove the bolt. I checked the pulley a couple days later and noticed it was loose. I removed the pulley and the block side was stripped out. The helicoil inserts I found were too short. Do you have any suggestions?

saturntech9

July, 16, 2012 AT 4:44 AM

Have you tried something called a timesert?They use them at the dealer to repair the threads when there damaged.

jgallo

July, 16, 2012 AT 4:47 AM

I was under the impression they are only for head bolts.

saturntech9

July, 16, 2012 AT 4:55 AM

No they have all different sizes they even make a caddy timesert kit.I had a timesert kit at the saturn dealer I worked at had all different sizes.A timesert is a perment thread repair that is better and strong then the helicoil repair. What size is the threads your trying to repair?

jgallo

July, 16, 2012 AT 4:58 AM

I believe the size is 10Mx 1.5

saturntech9

July, 16, 2012 AT 5:31 AM

They have timesert engine and transmission thread repair kits. There not just for head bolts they have spark plug ones and just general thread repair.I found one your size with a 30mm length. Is that deep enough for you?

jgallo

July, 16, 2012 AT 5:36 AM

Yes. Thanks for all the helpful info!

saturntech9

July, 16, 2012 AT 5:43 AM

Your welcome anytime look on ebay they have tons of timeserts you might be able to get a whole kit for the price of just that one size kit. Let me know how you make out.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour