WHY IS "BATTERY NOT CHARGING" STILL SHOWING ON DIS AFTER INSTALLING NEW BATTERY AND ALTERNATOR?

• Mr.Blu
  • 1999 Cadillac Concours

While driving one night the traction control and ABS lights came on in the dash. Battery not charging showed on the DIS. The car started losing power then eventually died. Had to get a jump 3 times to get home only a few blocks away.

Battery tested good but alternator was bad. Replaced with new alternator. Battery not charging showed for a couple days afterward then the traction control light and ABS light came on again. Lost power and car died. Received a jump to get home again. While driving home "Battery Voltage Low" appeared on DIS and began to loose power again. Made it home luckily. Replaced battery with a new one and Battery not charging still showing.

My wires have been checked and all look good. Please advise what is causing this so I can get it fixed.

Thursday, September 15th, 2011 AT 10:59 PM

• saturntech9

Did you have the new alternator tested before you left the store with it?Also how did you test all the wires to the alternator?Did you test for power etc?Details please

Thursday, September 15th, 2011 AT 11:21 PM
  • Mr.Blu

The new alternator was faulty. Replaced it and now the car is running fine. Thanks for the reply.

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 6:25 AM
  • saturntech9

Your welcome glad to hear you got it all figured out. Thats why I always have them test the new alternator starter etc before I leave the store.

Wednesday, September 28th, 2011 AT 6:33 AM