Can you send me a digram how to remove the steering column trim panel?

JOE1953
  • 1999 BUICK LESABRE
I am trying to get to the ignition switch so that I can check the wiring from ignition switch to connector I check for continuity between specified terminals with ignition switch in specified position, I didn't get no continuity between D5(RED)and D6(PINK)WIRE Didn't see anything on 1999 buick lesabre how to remove steering column trim panel can you send me more information.
Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 AT 12:20 AM

CAROLINACARCONNECTION
From what I remember you pop the airbag out. With a flat screw driver go into the back of the steering wheel you will see 2 slots insert ur screwdriver into the back and turn 1 quarter turn. You will feel it click. Repeat on the other side. Remove steering wheel then remove the multi function switch then the cover will side off the column.
Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 AT 5:32 AM
JOE1953
I am trying to get to the ignition switch I need to lower the steering column the ignition switch is located on the steering column, but there is a panel under the steering column I need to remove so that I can lower the steering column I need to know where the bolts is located on the panel.
Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 AT 6:02 AM
CAROLINACARCONNECTION
The wood panel in the center of the dash pops off any there are screws umder it and some 7 mm on the bottom. Sorry I do not have anyway to access pics of the screw location. If there isnt wood it will be the panel with lesabre wore on it. From what I remember u have yo remove the lower panel as one piece driver and pass side, On a 99 it should have the switch located in the top of the column right behind the steering wheel there should be no reason to lower the column
Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 AT 6:56 AM
KEN
I found more diagrams that make a little more sense. Check these out (below)

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken
Monday, February 12th, 2018 AT 2:13 PM