HIGH IDLE ISSUE AND INTERMITTANT SHIFTING CAUSE IAC, TPS?
1999 Buick Century
October, 16, 2012 AT 3:15 AM
You can try that I would use a product called bg 44k you can get it on ebay. The best way to clean them is have it cleaned by running it off a pressure canister with some cleaner. Plus putting cleaner in the tank.
October, 16, 2012 AT 3:27 AM
Ok.I'm like running low on funds. LOL and I have been reading about the BG44K that is supposed to be at professional repair centers. Anything on the market that seems to work really well? Something I can get at an automotive store or maybe at walmart?
October, 16, 2012 AT 4:15 AM
You can buy the 44k on ebay an it works well I used it for many years at the saturn dealerships I worked at.
October, 16, 2012 AT 5:05 AM
Will try a cleaner
October, 16, 2012 AT 6:17 PM
Alright keep me posted.
October, 26, 2012 AT 1:41 PM
Here's the latest.
After all the replacing of components, I believe I told you the high idle issue is gone, and the next troubling issue was random misfire. To get you up to speed I had done the following: 1. Replaced the plugs, coils, wires
2. Checked for power to the ICM, and it was good.
3. Cleaned the EGR passages and replaced the gasket.
4. Checked the Fuel Injectors for power and operation.
5. Checked the positive terminals on the ICM for power with coils removed all good.
6. Put Seafoam cleaner in fuel tank for first tank after all the maintenance, improved performance, but still had initial ramdom misfire but not as severe as before, and only lasted till the car was warmed up.
7. Replaced the fuel filter ( it was a mess plenty of trashy fluid came out). Replacing the fuel filter has also improved engine performance, although still slight misfire, but even less than before.
8. One more Seafoam application this morning after I filled tank with misfire, and now (fingers crossed) I do not seem to have the misfire. After the Seafoam application in the vac system, and fuel, whatever was there, seems to be gone.
I will update you later for progress.I can say that I have, for the first time, accelerated the car above 90 MPH! I've never been this fast in my car LOL. So acceleration is very peppy, and the car sips fuel. Again a final update later.
October, 27, 2012 AT 2:05 AM
Alright sounds good keep me posted.
December, 4, 2012 AT 5:15 PM
Update: Still have random misfire. I'm not sure at this point if the issue is the CAT, or a bad ICM. The car initlally surges when cold, but after about 5 min of running, it still is a little sluggish, but not as bad as before. Anytime the car has sat for more than 20 min, and restarted, the initial engine performance is bad but soon gets better. If the Cat is bad, would it cause these issues?
December, 4, 2012 AT 5:20 PM
I don't suspect the cat, because I have no Cat codes.
December, 4, 2012 AT 6:10 PM
Oh and the ONLY things I have not replaced would be the EGR valve Map sensor and the ICM.I really think it has to be vacuum, cause it shudders and misfires as if the Vac hose is removed from the egr.I'm just at a loss.