I have a 99 Acura TL that shuts dowm after driving a few munites

TAMMUZ
  • 1999 ACURA TL
Just today it shut down while I was driving. When I tried to start it right away it wouldn't start but if I let it rest a minute or longer it starts back up no problem. Then when a drive for a few minutes it shuts back down. I had to repeat the process several times to get back home: it stalls. Let it rest for a couple of minutes. Start it back up. Drive for a few more minutes until it stalls. I finally made it to my destination. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 5:57 AM

When it doesn't start, you need to check for spark and fuel to the engine. One will be missing. From that point, you will know what circuit to focus on.

Let me know what you find.
Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 6:04 AM
KHLOW2008
When Engine stalled, note if the dash indicator lights comes on. If they do not come on, you have a bad ignition switch, on which there was a safetey recall some time back.
Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 2:55 PM