BRAKE PADAL SOFT ON A 99 /HONDA ACCORD

1999 Acura CL

fstrdr

February, 18, 2012 AT 11:09 PM

I have a 99 Acura CL, same as a 99 Accord with ABS in terms of the brake master cylinder. I just had my rear left caliper and rear pads changed. Now, my brake pedal is hard on the first push, then sloooowly goes down. I went back to the mechanic, he bled the system a bit more, it's a bit better but still doing the same thing. He said he checked for leaks everywhere, couldn't see anything. He said it's most likely the brake master cylinder. Is it possible the system wasn't bled well enough?

Do you agree and thank you.

February, 18, 2012 AT 11:15 PM

Have him recheck the brake master cylinder could be leaking internally

fstrdr

February, 18, 2012 AT 11:55 PM

He asked me to check under the car, when it's dry, it's been snowing and raining lately, to see if the lines are leaking as well as the brake fluid level, to see if it goes down. If the master cylinder leaked internally, would I see a difference in fluid level as well? Thanks.

February, 19, 2012 AT 12:01 AM

If the master cylinder is leaking externally, -if no outside leakage replace the master cylinder and rebleed the system all over again in sequences

fstrdr

February, 19, 2012 AT 12:33 AM

One last question. If I was looking for a new brake master cylinder, what brand should I go with? My mechanic recommended just not to go with reman. I see many people recommending OEM. Are any of the other brands good, Centric, Beck Arnley, Wagner, Raysbestos and such? Thank you very much for your help.

February, 19, 2012 AT 1:08 AM

Go OEM part

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear