TRYING TO FIND QUICK EASY WAY TO DISABLE THE BEEPING

• darg49
  • 1998 Toyota Corolla

That occurs while car keys are in ignition, motor is off, drivers door is open. Tried to Google an answer and looked through Haynes Repair Manual. Have not found anything yet. Was getting ready to try to figure out how to cut wire to that button at the door. Was hoping finding a fuse would work to. Just looking for easiest quickest way to solve this issue.

Thanks for your help.

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 1:55 AM

• ASEMaster6371

Will not be in any manual as it is programmed to the vehicle and unable to disarm it. It is part of the ignition switch assembly.

What is the reason you want it disconnected?

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 3:44 AM
  • KHLow2008

This is a reminder system and there are various ways of doing it but I am wondering as Roy did, why? If it is to cure something, it is not the correct way to go about.

Sunday, July 1st, 2012 AT 6:39 AM
  • darg49

My reason why is because the noise irritates me when I have door open and am listening to radio, I do that often and noise bugs me. I just took care of it, unscrewed the door button and it was an easy detach of the connection. I am aware that that will stop the light coming on inside which I keep turned off, will disable the signal on the dash letting me know door is open, and if anything I don't want occurs I now know how to easily reconnect it all. Thanks

Monday, July 2nd, 2012 AT 1:07 PM
  • KHLow2008

You are going to drain the battery by doing thus. Without the engine running the battery is not being recharged and if the battery is slightly weak, you are going to have problems.

Monday, July 2nd, 2012 AT 2:07 PM
  • darg49

Do you mind further explaining to me how my battery will be drained by disconnecting something that has nothing to do with the alternator. The battery is recharged while driving by the alternator. I am trying to understand why you think my battery will be drained by what I have done? I did not disconnect the alternator, just a little button along the door that turns on overhead light, signal light on dash letting you know door is open and that beeping noise saying door is open when key is in ignition. Please explain.

Monday, July 2nd, 2012 AT 2:21 PM