MY WINDSHIELD WIPER MOTORS STOPS WORKING AND I DON'T KNOW WHY.

1998 Toyota Corolla

john norton

November, 25, 2011 AT 7:06 PM

My wiper motor keeps stoping on me. I take it out, and put it back and it works again, but then it stops a day or so later. Not an axact time, because I don't use it always. The connections are tight.

caradiodoc

November, 25, 2011 AT 7:16 PM

Wiper motors are usually mounted on a metal plate that is mounted to the body on rubber mounts to stop the transmission of vibration. Since the rubber insulates it electrically too, a ground strap is needed to complete the circuit. It is typically riveted to the metal plate and run under one of the bolt heads. Under the bolt head is where it arcs and loses its connection. You can prove that by connecting the ground clip of a test light right to the battery negative post, then touching the probe to the case of the motor while the wiper switch is turned to "low" or "high". If the test light lights up, the motor isn't grounded. The fix is to attach a new wire between the motor or mounting plate and to the body.

Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius