POWER STEERING COMES AND GOES.

1998 Toyota Camry

Clark8989

March, 9, 2012 AT 12:04 AM

Loud squealing when steering wheel is turned hard left or right even when parked. No visible leaks and power steering fluid is full. Also steering fluid has no burn smell or noticeable grit.

saturntech9

March, 9, 2012 AT 12:14 AM

Whats squealing the belt?If the belt is squealing the first thing I would check is the belt tenisor.

Clark8989

March, 9, 2012 AT 12:19 AM

Not sure if the squeal is coming from the serpentine belt or not. Honestly it does appear like the belt need to be replaced. I was just not sure if that would make the power steering act that way.

saturntech9

March, 9, 2012 AT 12:22 AM

If you have a weak/bad belt tenisor and the belt is slipping then it will cause the power steering to cut in and out.

Clark8989

March, 9, 2012 AT 12:27 AM

What would be signs of weak/bad tensioner?

saturntech9

March, 9, 2012 AT 2:21 AM

A squealing belt so if your belt is squealing and all the pulleys are moving free bad belt tenisor You can also push on it with a wrench and see if it feels weak. Also see if the pulley looks like its out of alignment from the other pulleys.

Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Pump Pulley Removal
Replace Tie Rod End
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement