BATTERY LIGHT/FUSE BURN

• Crt4022
  • 1998 TOYOTA CAMRY

I have a 1998 toyota camry and I just replaced the battery not too long ago. A copule months ago, the battery light kept coming on and I had a mechanic look at it and he said he fized it. Time went by and the light came back on yesterday. I checked the battery post and everything is connected. The light keeps going on and off and I don't have the slighest idea why. I checked a problem fuse under the hood on the driver's side and it was burned. The mechanic had informed me earlier that this fuse was the problem the last time, so I replaced the fuse today with a brand new one, and the light is still coming on and now the car doors won't lock automatically and the car won't start.

Can you help me?

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 7:41 PM

• Saturntech9

So what is the fuse that blew labeled as?Also why wont it start?Crank no start or no crank no start?

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 7:57 PM
  • Crt4022

It's a 100 amp fuse. It will crank but it just makes this click click noise.

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 8:08 PM
  • Cadieman

We need how many apme fuse and the number and location of the fuse. So we can help you.

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 8:08 PM
  • Crt4022

The fuse is located under the hood on the driver's side beside the battery. The information on the fuse is 100A. It is a blue colored fuse.

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 8:16 PM
  • Cadieman

You need to charge the battery. Have them check the battery and charging system tested.

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 8:19 PM
  • Crt4022

This problem has occurred multiple times before and I have replaced the fuse every time. If I charge the battery, how can I be sure this problem will not occur again?

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 8:21 PM
  • Crt4022

I had the battery checked out and the gentleman said it was fine. He said it might be something shorting out because of the way the fuse was burned.

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 8:26 PM
  • Saturntech9

Is this what is blowing the alt high amp I posted a diagram.

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 10:32 PM
  • Crt4022

Yes that's it. The car will start now but the light is still on and it won't go into gear. The lights do not work, and the a/c will not work.

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 11:10 PM
  • Saturntech9

There is also a fuseable link that feeds power to that off the battery as you can see from the diagram I posted.I would say the battery feed wire to the alternator is shorting to ground somewhere or the alternator itself is blowing that fuse.

Friday, December 16th, 2011 AT 11:24 PM