BATTERY LIGHT/FUSE BURN

1998 Toyota Camry

crt4022

December, 16, 2011 AT 7:41 PM

I have a 1998 toyota camry and I just replaced the battery not too long ago. A copule months ago, the battery light kept coming on and I had a mechanic look at it and he said he fized it. Time went by and the light came back on yesterday. I checked the battery post and everything is connected. The light keeps going on and off and I don't have the slighest idea why. I checked a problem fuse under the hood on the driver's side and it was burned. The mechanic had informed me earlier that this fuse was the problem the last time, so I replaced the fuse today with a brand new one, and the light is still coming on and now the car doors won't lock automatically and the car won't start.

Can you help me?

Why Is My Battery Light On?

1 IMAGE

Gen Light

saturntech9

December, 16, 2011 AT 7:57 PM

So what is the fuse that blew labeled as?Also why wont it start?Crank no start or no crank no start?

crt4022

December, 16, 2011 AT 8:08 PM

It's a 100 amp fuse. It will crank but it just makes this click click noise.

cadieman

December, 16, 2011 AT 8:08 PM

We need how many apme fuse and the number and location of the fuse. So we can help you.

crt4022

December, 16, 2011 AT 8:16 PM

The fuse is located under the hood on the driver's side beside the battery. The information on the fuse is 100A. It is a blue colored fuse.

cadieman

December, 16, 2011 AT 8:19 PM

You need to charge the battery. Have them check the battery and charging system tested.

crt4022

December, 16, 2011 AT 8:21 PM

This problem has occurred multiple times before and I have replaced the fuse every time. If I charge the battery, how can I be sure this problem will not occur again?

crt4022

December, 16, 2011 AT 8:26 PM

I had the battery checked out and the gentleman said it was fine. He said it might be something shorting out because of the way the fuse was burned.

saturntech9

December, 16, 2011 AT 10:32 PM

Is this what is blowing the alt high amp I posted a diagram.

crt4022

December, 16, 2011 AT 11:10 PM

Yes that's it. The car will start now but the light is still on and it won't go into gear. The lights do not work, and the a/c will not work.

saturntech9

December, 16, 2011 AT 11:24 PM

There is also a fuseable link that feeds power to that off the battery as you can see from the diagram I posted.I would say the battery feed wire to the alternator is shorting to ground somewhere or the alternator itself is blowing that fuse.

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue