1. Assure that fuel level in tank is not greater than hall If necessary, drain fuel tank to at least this level (refer to "Fuel Tank Draining").
2. Position on hoist.
3. Disconnect negative battery cable.
NOTICE: Fuel supply lines will remain pressurized for long periods of time after the engine is shutdown. This pressure must be relieved before servicing the fuel system.
4. Relieve pressure in fuel system at fuel pressure test port (refer to "Fuel Pressure Release Procedure").
5. Remove fuel filler cap and rubber closeout grommet around fuel filler pipe neck (inside fuel filler door).
6. Remove attachment screw (T-30) at upper end of filler pipe.
7. Raise vehicle to a comfortable working position.
8. Remove wheel house inner liner.
9. Disconnect wiring harness connector from EVAP canister vent solenoid.
10. Remove fuel filler pipe lower bracket attachment screw (10 mm hex) at underbody left hand side rail.
11. Disconnect EVAP canister vent pipe at 5/8 in. Quick connect to canister vent hose.
12. Loosen fuel filler pipe hose clamp (7 mm hex) closest to the fuel tank.
CAUTION: SEVERAL OUNCES OF GASOLINE MAY REMAIN IN THE FUEL FILLER PIPE DUE TO THE DESIGN OF THE INLET CHECK VALVE. BE AWARE OF THIS WHEN HANDLING THE FILLER PIPE DURING REMOVAL FROM THE FUEL TANK. SURROUND THE CHECK VALVE BODY WITH A SHOP CLOTH HELD IN PLACE WITH YOUR HAND. HAVE A SUITABLE CONTAINER AVAILABLE AND DRAIN ANY FUEL BY UNSEATING THE CHECK VALVE.
NOTICE: To provide space to remove filler pipe, guide top of filler pipe into quarter panel opening while removing fuel filler pipe.
13. Disengage filler pipe hose from fuel tank and remove fuel filler pipe.
* Keep fuel filler pipe as straight and level as possible when removing it from the tank. Fuel fill check valve clamp may drag on the inlet neck of the tank and care should be used in removing it. If valve is dislodged from filler pipe it may remain in the tank
* If there is more than three gallons of fuel in the tank, insert a suitable siphon hose into tank filler neck and remove remaining fuel into a certified fuel handling cart.
14. Remove (2) screws (10 mm hex) that attach fuel filter/pressure regulator bracket to vehicle underbody.
CAUTION: WHENEVER FUEL LINE FITTINGS ARE LOOSENED OR REMOVED, WRAP A SHOP CLOTH AROUND THE FITTING AND HAVE AN APPROVED CONTAINER AVAILABLE TO COLLECT ANY FUEL.
15. Disconnect fuel feed line (90 degree quick-connect) from outlet of filter/pressure regulator.
16. Disconnect fuel vapor/canister purge line at 90 degree quick-connect adjacent to fuel filter/pressure regulator.
17. Slide filter/regulator bracket out from under brake lines.
18. With aid of an assistant, remove two tank retaining strap bolts (15 mm hex) and lower tank enough to disconnect the two electrical connectors to the fuel pump and tank pressure sensor.
19. Remove fuel tank from vehicle.
Monday, December 27th, 2010 AT 3:36 PM