1. Remove screws and remove arm rest, if equipped.
2. Lift parking brake lever.
3. Remove screw.
4. Remove parking brake cover by lifting straight off lever.
5. Move shifter to neutral. Remove ashtray from cup holder by lifting straight out.
6. Remove cup holder from console by pulling upwards starting at rear edge.
7. Remove ashtray bulb socket by lifting tab while sliding socket forward. Then pull socket straight out.
8. Remove wiring harness from cup holder.
9. Remove window/mirror switch, if equipped, by sliding switch forward then lifting at rear edge. Disconnect electrical connectors.
10. If vehicle does not have an arm rest, remove rear screw cover by lifting at cut out.
11. Remove rear console screws.
12. Remove left and right lower trim panel extensions by pulling outward at dual lock locations. Then rotate panels outward to disengage hinges from console.
13. Remove front console screws.
14. Move console rearward.
15. Disconnect cigarette lighter electrical connector.
16. Remove bulb socket from cigarette lighter by rotating clockwise and pulling straight out.
17. On automatic transmission equipped vehicles, tape shifter button in to clear shifter opening.
18. Lift console at rear. Slide console rearward and lift straight up to remove.
You remove your console then pop off the shift interlock solenoid end that attaches to your shifter assembly move it aside and then push your shifter release button and let it go and see if the lever that attaches to the solenoid smoothly return's to it's resting position or if it's sticking or slowly return's to it's resting position. Most of the time you can see all the stuff that get's spilled on it.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 AT 10:06 PM