WHEN IGNITION IS TURNED ON MY IGNITION RELAY AND...

1998 Pontiac Transport

Robert978

February, 1, 2013 AT 5:04 PM

When ignition is turned on my ignition relay and fuel pump relays DO NOT engage. I tried replacing them and that didn't work. I can't find any obvious shorts, and there is power to the relays but the points don't connect when the key is turned on like they should. Where do I look next?

February, 1, 2013 AT 6:20 PM

In the diagram, check the fuse, and check voltage at the fuse circuit. Voltage to the coil side of fuel pump relay comes from the pcm, dark green wire. In the diagram, when the relay is activated, the gray wire carries voltage to fuel pump.

Any applicable trouble codes? To check codes yourself, at the least, you need an obd2 code reader. Your local autostore should have one. Some of the national brand autostores will make house calls. Maybe they can come to your house to check codes. I don't know what they charge?

Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps