TURN OFF THE ENGINE THE LOW BEAMS WILL COME ON

1998 Pontiac Grand Am

cynthia12

June, 20, 2012 AT 7:06 PM

I have a 98 pontiac grand am that when I turn off the engine the low beams will come back on or stay on as well as if the ac/heater is on it will continue to blow in order to get everything to go off I have to keep turning the key and hoping that it will turn off and most the time will come back on and the car will die. Any ideas of what I can do? Thanks

June, 20, 2012 AT 7:09 PM

Common for ignition switch failures. Have the switch checked for shorting.

Otherwise, it may have a failed bcm module. This can be checked by a shop with a scan tool.

cynthia12

June, 20, 2012 AT 8:51 PM

I have been trying to get through to people that it probably is the ignition switch but they took the steering wheel column off and pulled a wire and that turned the lights off and on so they think that it has to do with an electrical problem would that be a part of the ignition switch in that case?

June, 20, 2012 AT 11:32 PM

Not necessarily. You need a good electrical shop. Do not try and tell them there job. Let them find the failure and tell you the failure.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini