PLZ HELP

1998 Pontiac Bonneville

ericaking

June, 14, 2011 AT 7:16 PM

What happens if u add freon to a compressor before u put in the oil charge. It is a 98 pontiac bonneville. It has lost oil pressure and goes dead. Thanks for any help u can give me.

Docfixit

June, 14, 2011 AT 7:30 PM

What items have been replaced? Did compressor have oil in it? How is oil to be added? What do you mean "looses oil pressure and goes dead"?
What are guage readings?

ericaking

June, 15, 2011 AT 12:44 AM

Put a new air compressor on it, put the oil in it first, got the oil and freon and took it to my landlord, who had the vacuum and said he knew how to do it. He vacuumed it and then added a can of freon first and then the oil and then the other 2 cans of freon. The next day it locked up and now my car keep cutting off. Think the clutch is sticking on I to. I even unplugged the air com. And its still cutting off

Docfixit

June, 15, 2011 AT 4:06 PM

AC work is technical and complicated. If old compressor scrapede then system needs flushing also new accumulator and orfice tube MUST be replaced. Oil MUST be added before freon and in correct amounts. What has happened is debris from old system cloged up orfice tube starving compresor of oil and it locked up. It is toast

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement