This car keeps shutting off for no appearent reason. As I am driving the car would just give up. I have already try the following:
- Changing the crankshaft sensor
- changing the camshaft sensor
-changing powertrain control module
- I checked the gas pump and its working fine.
- somebody told me to check the harness connections for continuity. I did and the harness is fine.
i dont know what to do now. I dont wanna give up but im running out of options. Any suggestion would work at this point. Please help. I appreciate it. Thanks
It's impossible to diagnose an intermittent problem like that and your technique of just throwing parts at it will only serve to empty your wallet. You somehow have to determine what function is dropping out when this happens.
Here is the normal troubleshooting test sequence for a no start.
All "crank, no start" conditions are approached in the same way. Every engine requires certain functions to be able to run. Some of these functions rely on specific components to work and some components are part of more than one function so it is important to see the whole picture to be able to conclude anything about what may have failed. Also, these functions can ONLY be tested during the failure. Any other time and they will simply test good because the problem isn't present at the moment.
If you approach this in any other way, you are merely guessing and that only serves to replace unnecessary parts and wastes money.
Every engine requires spark, fuel and compression to run. That's what we have to look for.
These are the basics that need to be tested and will give us the info required to isolate a cause.
1) Test for spark at the plug end of the wire using a spark tester. If none found, check for power supply on the + terminal of the coil with the key on.
2) Test for injector pulse using a small bulb called a noid light. If none found, check for power supply at one side of the injector with the key on.
3) Use a fuel pressure gauge to test for correct fuel pressure, also noticing if the pressure holds when key is shut off.
Once you have determined which of these functions has dropped out,
you will know which system is having the problem.