SINCE I AM CURRENTLY UNEMPLOYED I FIND IT ...

1998 Oldsmobile Aurora

rzrbckrick

Since I am currently unemployed I find it difficult to pay the potential it might cost for a repair shop to get my tail lights (and dash lights which I understand are also not working as a warning that the car's tail lights are out). As a quick, inexpensive fix, would it be possible to simply wire tail lights direct to the battery to an on/off switch added to my dash? If possible how would that look on a simple wiring diagram? Would resistors, reducers, etc. Also be necessary to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help.I certainly appreciate all the help I can get.

saturntech9

So the dash and running/parking lights are out?If so have you checked the parking light fuse yet?Also do you have a multimeter?

Find the wire that powers the tail light and wire it from the battery thru a toggle switch

saturntech9

I would check the fuse and try to fix it correctly before mickey mousing anything.

Hey-it works for me on a 911 situation-but just try the fuse who knows could be a blown fuse as stated or your headlamp switch is kaput that needs replacing.

Then again using the toggle -can create a backfeed to other circuits that's tied into the running lights -cancel out on my suggestion-

rzrbckrick

January, 2, 2012 AT 12:53 AM

Saturntech9 and rasmataz. Thanks for the quick responses. Not sure where I will turn but as indicated earlier. Even though this ol' car has been good to me (27,000 miles when I bought it May-2001), I have be careful what I can or can't spend. All I have heard from the Mechanics around here is remarks like, "it could be $50, or it could be $500. It's hard to say until we get into it."

Again, Thanks gentlemen for your advice.I appreciate it

saturntech9

January, 2, 2012 AT 12:59 AM

Its really hard to say without getting into it but have you checked your parking fuse yet?Also do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX