DRIVES ERRATICALLY

1998 Nissan Sentra

Caly00

March, 17, 2012 AT 12:14 AM

Hello, I have a 1998 nissan sentra. The problem I am having is erraticly when driving it will not accelerate past 20 mph and when you let off the gas it comes to a complete stop. Just replaced the front brake calipers, brake line, brake pads. The problem I am having is erraticly when driving it will not accelerate past 20 mph and when you let off the gas it comes to a complete stop. Just replaced the front brake calipers, brake line, brake pads, master cylinder, and rotors. When I let it sit for a minute it will pick up acceleration?

March, 17, 2012 AT 12:23 AM

Check the exhaust system for restriction and also the fuel pressure -start here

Caly00

March, 17, 2012 AT 12:34 AM

Thanks for that my dad said that its definitely something with the brakes bc they were new brakes and it was as if the two front ones were burnt like charcoal would burn he said maybe something that relays from the front to back brakes?

March, 17, 2012 AT 5:18 AM

Could be the brakes are locking up-due to a caliper piston not retracting or a collasped brake hose

Caly00

March, 17, 2012 AT 4:53 PM

He was saying proportion valve. Would that cause the problem?

March, 17, 2012 AT 5:08 PM

Inspect/test the brake system that's the only way to find out

Bleed and Flush Your Brake System Correctly
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear