BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH

1998 Nissan Frontier

alexisk

June, 22, 2011 AT 11:21 PM

I can't reach the nuts on the brake light switch on my 1998 Nisson Frontier. The brake lights stay on all of the time. I was told to loosen the nuts and adjust it, but I can't seen to get to them! Help, please.

June, 22, 2011 AT 11:27 PM

You gonna have to find a way how to maneuver the nut otherwise the problem will remain-Get a smaller person to do it or whatever it takes to adjust it-

alexisk

June, 22, 2011 AT 11:43 PM

There's a bracket that is located right underneath the switch. Bracket is attached to steering wheel column. The bracket is blocking my getting the wrench in there.

Wrenchtech

June, 22, 2011 AT 11:47 PM

What happens to these sometimes is there is a rubber bumper that the switch lands against and this bumper falls off leaving nothing for the switch to push against. You can get a new one from the dealer or you could just glue something in it's place. I have used a penny sometimes when in a pinch.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML