MY AC IS NOT BLOWING VERY HARD, IT USE TO, THE AIR IS COLD COMING OUT

1998 Nissan Frontier

Feenix

August, 7, 2012 AT 8:53 PM

Each fan speed blows out much less air than it use to. It's like there is a blockage. I don't hink this car has a cabin filter. Is there some way to get to the cabin fan without taking the dash board off? Is there something else I can check like the intake port or something?

August, 7, 2012 AT 8:58 PM

Check the air blend door-start here

Docfixit

August, 7, 2012 AT 9:02 PM

Yes blower motor can be removed from under pass side

Feenix

August, 7, 2012 AT 9:34 PM

Thanks the motor sounds like it always did, it is loud and is obviously working hard. Is the air blend door behind or inside the blower motor?

Feenix

August, 7, 2012 AT 9:51 PM

I took the fan blower off and the blend door seems to fit tight and move fully in both directions. I test the fan while out and it moved at different speeds as it should. On high it moved very quickly. The problem is still the same after reassembly. I didn't really do anything other than take it off and test it. I seem to remember this AC working exceptionally well. This problem has been there for a couple years. It's 115 degrees today in Phoenix, I need to figure this out before I melt.

Feenix

August, 7, 2012 AT 9:55 PM

Is there some way to fish something down through the air passage to see if there is a dead rat or something in the airway? I took the dash apart enough to get to the vents and controller unit, nothing there blocking the air flow in sight, maybe it is further down closer to the blower. Any other possibilities?

August, 7, 2012 AT 10:00 PM

Did you test the blower motor resistor?

Feenix

August, 7, 2012 AT 10:20 PM

Ok I got the canister open a little and the cooling fins are covered in dust and fibers. I can't get it off to get access to clean the fins. I took off three screws but it still won't come off, is there a forth screw somewhere?

August, 7, 2012 AT 10:34 PM

What canister are you talking about?

Feenix

August, 7, 2012 AT 10:56 PM

The canister or box that contains the cooling fins next to the blower motor. I reached in through the blower motor and pulled out a hand full of fibers and figured it was full of crap. Taking apart the box is not going easy. I can get the front open and pried it open to look at it and the fins are covered in dust and fibers. I tried cleaning them with a wire brush with limited success, can't really get it apart the way I would like to.

Docfixit

August, 8, 2012 AT 2:59 PM

Yes Evaporator pretty gunked up the entire case is removed as a unit would need to discharg system and unbolt so if not willing to get into major repair do beat you can to clean. Carful with wire brush plastic better vcore VERY delicate may puncutor

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe