ENGINE WON'T CRANK

• Kurtrohwedder
  • 1998 MITSUBISHI DIAMANTE

I have a Mitsubishi Diamante (1998) it will not crank. I have tried charging the battery. There is a spark at the starter motor because I tried jumping it with a screwdriver. I have good power to the radio, and lights. When I do try to crank it and let off the switch I get a clicking sound where the relay fuse or switch is. I'm at a loss with this. If it is the starter, how do I get the dang thing out ! I only see one bolt and I'm sure there is more. Please reply. Thanks

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 3:49 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Check the little wire on the starter for power in the start position of the key.

Crossing the big terminals will work but is uncontrolled.

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 3:56 PM
  • Saturntech9

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

Sunday, August 5th, 2012 AT 3:57 PM
  • Kurtrohwedder

I don't have a multimeter to test things out yet. If I buy a cheap test meter will this work? I'm just trying to pin this down so I won't have to buy a bunch of useless parts that I don't need.

Monday, August 6th, 2012 AT 2:26 PM
  • Saturntech9

Thats why you need a multimeter so we can test things so we dont buy parts we dont need. Yes a cheap meter will work.

Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 AT 12:28 AM