ENGINE WON'T CRANK

1998 Mitsubishi Diamante

kurtrohwedder

August, 5, 2012 AT 3:49 PM

I have a Mitsubishi Diamante (1998) it will not crank. I have tried charging the battery. There is a spark at the starter motor because I tried jumping it with a screwdriver. I have good power to the radio, and lights. When I do try to crank it and let off the switch I get a clicking sound where the relay fuse or switch is. I'm at a loss with this. If it is the starter, how do I get the dang thing out ! I only see one bolt and I'm sure there is more. Please reply. Thanks

August, 5, 2012 AT 3:56 PM

Check the little wire on the starter for power in the start position of the key.

Crossing the big terminals will work but is uncontrolled.

saturntech9

August, 5, 2012 AT 3:57 PM

Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?

kurtrohwedder

August, 6, 2012 AT 2:26 PM

I don't have a multimeter to test things out yet. If I buy a cheap test meter will this work? I'm just trying to pin this down so I won't have to buy a bunch of useless parts that I don't need.

saturntech9

August, 7, 2012 AT 12:28 AM

Thats why you need a multimeter so we can test things so we dont buy parts we dont need. Yes a cheap meter will work.

Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Starter Replacement