WHEN THE REAR DOORSEITHER GET WET AND ONCE ...

• jimsa12345
  • 1998 Lincoln Continental

When the rear doors(either) get wet and once opened and closed the door open on the disply comes on. Once the car dries the light warning goes out. Ive checked for loose grounds and wiring, havent found anything. Please help Thank you in advance

Monday, November 19th, 2012 AT 4:48 AM

• DrCranknWrench

There may be a gasket or seal that is missing that protects the door switch from getting wet. Look in the door switch or on top of the door for the location sensor. See if it appears to be unprotected, you will see exposed terminals or sensor, and the door switch and see if it looks like a seal might have been in that place or if the seal is damaged.

Monday, November 19th, 2012 AT 4:54 AM
  • madville347

Spray some wd-40 in the door latches then open and close each door 5-10 times. No need to slam the doors just open n close them as you would normally. The problem is the door latches dont close all the way once they get rusted. I was driving around for 2 1/2years b4 I fixed it. Wd-40 should fix it

Saturday, February 9th, 2013 AT 2:47 AM
  • DrCranknWrench

If WD40 does not work, PB Blaster works very well

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 AT 7:24 PM