WHEN THE REAR DOORSEITHER GET WET AND ONCE ...

1998 Lincoln Continental

jimsa12345

November, 19, 2012 AT 4:48 AM

When the rear doors(either) get wet and once opened and closed the door open on the disply comes on. Once the car dries the light warning goes out. Ive checked for loose grounds and wiring, havent found anything. Please help Thank you in advance

Heater Door Won't Open

Rear Door Will Not Open

DrCranknWrench

November, 19, 2012 AT 4:54 AM

There may be a gasket or seal that is missing that protects the door switch from getting wet. Look in the door switch or on top of the door for the location sensor. See if it appears to be unprotected, you will see exposed terminals or sensor, and the door switch and see if it looks like a seal might have been in that place or if the seal is damaged.

madville347

February, 9, 2013 AT 2:47 AM

Spray some wd-40 in the door latches then open and close each door 5-10 times. No need to slam the doors just open n close them as you would normally. The problem is the door latches dont close all the way once they get rusted. I was driving around for 2 1/2years b4 I fixed it. Wd-40 should fix it

DrCranknWrench

February, 26, 2013 AT 7:24 PM

If WD40 does not work, PB Blaster works very well

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Dynamat Door Installation