98 READS P0171&P014

1998 Lincoln Continental

tturner 72

May, 14, 2012 AT 10:27 PM

The lincoln reads codes p017&p014, but avey one keep taleing me my transmisson is bad. I had the fluid changed today. Like I said it starts up good egine sounds good, shiffs good all gears even drives in 1&2 good. Then when you goo to put it in drive or revars it jarks, the wheels feel like they"ll lock up on you for a moment. An when you hit the gas it feels like it wont wont to move like its not geting power or no gas. Pleas help me I do not wont to spen money on stuff I dont need done to it. An the old transmisson fluid was dark an I know thats not good. Thank for your help.

May, 14, 2012 AT 10:43 PM

Your transmission could be on its way out-P0171 is a lean fuel condition could be caused by the following: 1. Vacuum leaks

2. EGR and PCV valve.

3. Low fuel pressure.

4. Dirty fuel injectors.

5. Mass Air Flow Sensor.

6. Oxygen Sensor

tturner 72

May, 14, 2012 AT 11:25 PM

Do you think one of six of thes causes can be the resean why its acting up an not the transmisson.

May, 14, 2012 AT 11:32 PM

You need to check and test everyone of them

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus