TROUBLESHOOTING CODES P0174&P0171

1998 Lincoln Continental

tturner 72

May, 7, 2012 AT 9:33 PM

It was jarking when u hit the gas to go an in revare. But now when you pull off it feels like the wheels lock on you for a moment. When you start up the car the engin sounds good then it will get real loud but it does not do this all the time. It feels like its not geting gas or power. Pleas can u help me out. An it chang gears good

mhpautos

May, 7, 2012 AT 10:02 PM

Both codes are for the fuel system running to lean, check for vacuum leaks and also the air flow sensor if faulty can cause this problem as well.

tturner 72

May, 8, 2012 AT 2:07 AM

I took it to a shop an they said it could be the transmission. But it changes gear good engine sounds good but a little hiss sound. What do u think. Thank you. And mass air flow good too.

May, 8, 2012 AT 2:13 AM

You need another shop. The 171,174 codes are related to long term trims being off from either vacuum leaks, pcv system, low fuel pressure or mass air flow sensor.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement