BELT TENSIONER

1998 Lexus GS 400

raiderdogg2k3

March, 31, 2011 AT 6:21 AM

I have a 1998 lexus gs400 I need to know how to remove serpentine belt tensioner

fixitmr

March, 31, 2011 AT 6:55 AM

Are you replacing it or the belt or both or some other reason for removal?

raiderdogg2k3

March, 31, 2011 AT 4:02 PM

I'm replacing belt and tensioner. The belt was bad and when I replace it discovered tensioner was bad

raiderdogg2k3

March, 31, 2011 AT 8:23 PM

I would like an answer to this question I paid for this service and so far I am not satisfied

fixitmr

April, 1, 2011 AT 4:19 AM

Try this page for reference has more than you need. Good future bookmark?

fixitmr

April, 1, 2011 AT 4:34 PM

Yes I was aware. I had looked at some diagrams of 98(no pics) and they seemed basically the same. I have another question. What is wrong with your tensioner? If it's just a bad bearing then just replace that and save a lotta bucks?

fixitmr

April, 1, 2011 AT 4:46 PM

Here's a diagram.

raiderdogg2k3

April, 2, 2011 AT 2:15 AM

The tensioner broke, there's something like a threaded shaft that the pulley spins on. The pulley bolts onto it, it snapped when I took the pulley off, I put the pulley back on with the broken threaded shaft, torqued it to the specs and everything works fine, been driving it and everything seems fine im just worried about it coming loose. Whats your opinion

fixitmr

April, 2, 2011 AT 5:57 AM

Your description is a little lacking in important details. How were you able to still use the broken threaded shaft?

raiderdogg2k3

April, 2, 2011 AT 1:57 PM

I took the tensioner pulley and bolt and threaded it through the broken shaft and than bolted it to the tensioner

fixitmr

April, 2, 2011 AT 5:38 PM

Sorry, I guess without actually seeing it, i'm not going to be able to give an opinion. Your terminology is not exactly compatible with mine. Too confusing. But in any case it's up to you if you think it's good enough for now.

Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement Ford
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour