TRAPPED AIR IN COOLING SYSTEM

1998 Kia Sportage

Gadir

January, 23, 2012 AT 8:23 AM

Hi,

2 week ago I gave my kia sportage 1998 to maintenance. Master told me that you need change all engine component. Becouse your car crankshaft has no more opportunity to grinde it. So I changed crankshaft, all bearings, cylinders, cylinder head, coolant lines, oil pump, coolant and heater radiators. 2 days ago car was ready and I took it from service. Yesterday I start the engine and wait 5-7 min for idling suddenly I heard bubbling noice from dash board. I opened the hood and checked that there is no any leakage on cooling system. But then started to drive the car a few miles. Unexpectedly car stopped. I detected coolant came out from coolant tank and was spraying on alternator. Could any body explain that what is the problem if the car also was idle running in service after repairing.

mhpautos

January, 23, 2012 AT 8:59 AM

They have not bleed all the air from the heater I would thing or the thermostat is faulty, take it back and get them to do the cooling system bleed.

January, 23, 2012 AT 9:01 AM

Try bleeding the cooling system-don't work have it chemically and pressure tested

Gadir

January, 23, 2012 AT 9:10 AM

We also have changed and cleaned the all coolant lines. Thermostat releases the water after 82-85 C. Cylinder head has removed to check cylinder head gasket. Gasket also is normal. Now we are checking cylinder head internal water line defects. But I dont believe that new cylinder head can be damaged.

Gadir

January, 23, 2012 AT 9:20 AM

Cooling system has already cleaned. All line are new. Coolant radiator and heater core also are new. Just air comes out with high pressure when I open radiator cap slowly. Also we removed coolant tank cap with hose and put into clear bottle. Kia Master told me need to check cylinder head internal water line defects.

Gadir

January, 23, 2012 AT 9:29 AM

I don't believe that new cylinder head can be sold damaged. Thermostat release the coolant after 82-85 C. I was afraid that maybe cylinder block is cracked and cylinder no properly seats on block. But after gasket checking we didnt detect any leakage from cylinder head internal air lines to cooling lines.

Most probably after repair, the cooling system was not bled of air. When this happens, air trapped in cooiling system would shoot out.

The shop should be responsible for the problem if the engine had overheated as a reault of improper bleeding of system.

Gadir

January, 31, 2012 AT 7:38 AM

We found problem. One of the cylinder liner was cracked on the upside in cylinder block. I updated it just for information.

Thanks for the update.

Too bad it is going to cost more money.

Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD
Coolant Drain and Refill
Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe