RESTARTING IS RANDOM

• amyknipp35
  • 1998 Isuzu Trooper

Trooper battery has been changed battery cables have been replaced. Still when I shut off my trooper the chances of it restarting is random. I replaced my fuses and think maybe the alarm fuse is draining my battery what do you think?

will not start after I shut it off maybe sometimes if I jump it

Monday, March 19th, 2012 AT 3:19 PM

• saturntech9

Have you had alternator tested?

Monday, March 19th, 2012 AT 3:23 PM
  • amyknipp35

I went to oreilly's and they ran a dio on the battery, alternator, and starter also the spark plugs. And it pinged on a replacement for a spark plug replacement. And that was all.

Monday, March 19th, 2012 AT 3:30 PM
  • saturntech9

So if you pull the alarm fuse does the battery still go dead?I have seen batterys test good and still not hold a charge. We need to do a parastic draw test to see where the draw is or even if you have excessive draw.

Monday, March 19th, 2012 AT 3:43 PM
  • amyknipp35

I pulled the fuse and jumped my battery but it acted like it wanted to start but it failed and I tryed to start it 2 more times after that and it just clicked as if there was no connection with the car jumping my battery. I didnt here the other truck kick down. Then I begin to smell burning wire on the drivers side. At that time I disconnected the cables and the battery post felt as if it had been running for hours. But it wasnt. I have begin to think mabey it may be my starter relay fuse under my dash or a wire that leads to my relay. Please help I cant afford to take it to a professional. Problem solving and determination is my key. Mom in need '0

Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 12:38 PM
  • saturntech9

So right now the starter is inop?You didnt reverse jump start it did you?Also the battery is fully charged and the battery cables are clean and tight?Do you have a multimeter to do some testing?You will need it. Also do the dash lightd etc come on when you turn the key on like they normally would?

Monday, March 26th, 2012 AT 8:01 PM