I GOT A I GOT FIRE AND FUEL PRESSURE BUT IT WILL STILL NOT START

1998 Isuzu Rodeo

paul o'donoghue

December, 26, 2011 AT 7:22 PM

I AM TRYING TO HELP A FRIEND, I AM NOT WITH THE CAR // IT WAS RUNNING THE NEXT DAY THEY WENT TO START IT BUT IT JUST TURNS OVER, GOT FIRE AND SOME FUEL PRESSURE { FEUL COMES OUT OF THE SCHRADER VALVE } I AM A HEAVY EQUIPMENT TECH FOR 35YRS BUT DONT WORK ON CARS COULD YOU HELP ME PLEASE PAUL

saturntech9

December, 26, 2011 AT 7:31 PM

First thing we need to do is see what the actual fuel pressure is?You can rent a fuel pressure tester at auto zone. Do you know how to use one of those?Also it would be great if you could check for codes in the computer. Also if you could get a noid light and check for injector pulse have you ever done that?

paul o'donoghue

December, 26, 2011 AT 7:42 PM

Thanks for your help. I'll just have to wait till I get there. Happy New Years. Paul

saturntech9

December, 26, 2011 AT 8:36 PM

Alright keep me posted you have a wonderful new years as well.

stephanie riley

January, 18, 2012 AT 1:54 AM

I have a similar problem, I had a mechanic put in a transmission for me, he forgot to [ut the oil cap back on my car so oil was splashing all over the upper left part of the engine where their is wires, truch has been running fine till today we were griving home truck started******** like it was running out of gas, we hasve a fll tank, what could tyhat be?

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test