CAN A CRACKED INTAKE MANIFOLD CAUSE OVERHEATING?

1998 Honda Passport

sonny.1981

March, 8, 2012 AT 12:40 AM

Yes I have been trying to find out why my car overheats. I have replaced all cooling componets and I have no water in my oil or smoke out the exhaust. Took it to a mechanic and he recommended changing the motor but never broke it down to diagnose the problem and when I got the car back I noticed coolant on top of the intake manifold. Could this be my problem or is it probably a cracked head or blown head gasket?

March, 8, 2012 AT 12:43 AM

A leak down test for the cylinders will tell if you have internal engine issues. A pressure test will tell you where the leak is coming from.
Make sure the radiator is not clogged.

sonny.1981

March, 8, 2012 AT 3:16 AM

I did the radiator cap pressure test and the pressure slowly dropped just a little bit but could I be losing pressure on the intake? Its the only place I see coolant. Near where the thermostat is but not coming from the thermostat itself. But would that be the cause of the overheating or is it more likely a head gasket?

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro