, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

1998 Honda CRV

Dannymbugua

February, 16, 2012 AT 3:42 PM

My 1998 automatic transmission Honda CRV (RD1) wont shift gears at high values of RPM and this problem started abruptly, when I switch off the engine and restart it starts shifting but I will not go far with it or else am towed back. I changed the transmission fluid but got no positive result. The latest diagnosis gave the verdict: TCC Solenoid Valve (Failure P1753). My mechanic thinks I should buy another gearbox which is very expensive. Is it possible that the gearbox can be repaired or do I just start looking for a complete unit. Duncan, Nairobi, Kenya.

Jacobandnickolas

February, 16, 2012 AT 3:49 PM

The torque converter clutch solenoid is replaceable. Is there a reason he doesn't want to replace the solenoid?

Dannymbugua

February, 17, 2012 AT 7:29 AM

Thanks Jacobandnickolas for the reply, I think the major problem is availability of the part, can you assist with acquisition of the same, I would really appreciate.

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage