ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO MY MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP...

• Lisa C
  • 1998 Honda CRV

About 6 months ago my malfunction indicator lamp came on. My car still drove fine for a while, but now it acts like it is not getting any gas, when I first take off, then after a min it picks wright up and goes. Today the light started flashing on and off. When I tell people they don't have a clue about it. I also took it to Advance and had them check it, however they couldn't find any thing wrong either. I also know I need a drive shaft or the joints inside them.

Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 AT 6:23 PM

• hmac300

Scan for codes and check fuel pressure first.

Thursday, January 17th, 2013 AT 1:04 PM
  • Lisa C

Two codes showed up. P0420 and P0301.

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 2:45 PM
  • hmac300

Code 420 means your cataalytic converter is going bad and needs replacing301 means you have a misfire in one of your cylinders so check the spark plug and wires also check your fuel pressure if this is low will cause that. It cold be an internal problem in engine but normally it's a wire/plug or fuel pump. Fuel pressure shold 40-47 psi if lower than that then it will need rplacing.

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 3:06 PM