I have a 98 accord, 4cl, 2.3 LX with 165,000+ miles
These are the symptoms
- Getting error code P0171 - system too lean (Bank1)
- Getting error code P0170 - Fuel trim Malfunction (Bank1)
- Idle is not smooth - slight hiccups now and then. Looks like it is going to stall but does not stall
- Does not accelerate smoothly at low speeds. Revs up, but lags when going up an incline
- Poor fuel economy - used to be around 28-29mpg. Now it is close to 20-21mpg (past 3 months)
What I've checked / replaced recently
- Took apart and cleaned fuel injectors yesterday
- Replaced throttle intake tube and cleaned throttle body - 3 months back
- Replaced EVAP Control valve, EVAP Canister to clear different CEL code - 3 months back
- Replaced Catalytic converter and O2 sensor to clear different CEL code - 3 months back
- Replaced Plugs and wires 6 months back
Now I'm stuck. Searched for these issues and some of them say to replace the fuel pressure regulator. Is that the next step? Should go to a shop and check for correct fuel pressure or vacuum leaks etc?
have the same problem?
Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 AT 3:40 PM