Do I need to change the ignition switch on my 98 Honda Passport after changing ignition lock?

FRANKSTER
  • 1998 HONDA ACCORD

Recently someone tried to steal my car and were not able. They damaged the ignition lock, steering wheel was locked and key would not turn. I changed the ignition lock everything inside looked well, lights on dash stereo etc but when I tried starting it won't, I noticed a tick in fusebox everytime I turn it to start. I put another car to charged mine and it turn once or twice after many times turning to start, I was thinking maybe the ignition switch needs change? This is our family car and need to get it running ASAP didn't have $1,000 to pay at dealership thieves. Please help. Thankyou.

Friday, June 29th, 2012 AT 1:48 PM

WRENCHTECH

The immobilizer is locking you out because you are using the wrong key. You will need to have the dealer reprogram the security code.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Friday, June 29th, 2012 AT 2:47 PM
KHLOW2008

Most likely the ignition switch is bad and has to be replaced.

Friday, June 29th, 2012 AT 2:50 PM
FRANKSTER

Thankyou for the quick response this year vehicle hasn no security code so I am putting my money on switch, and thanks once again I will definately follow up after replacing this.

Saturday, June 30th, 2012 AT 6:50 AM