CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON WITH TWO CODES, P1738 AND P1361 FOR 98 LX

1998 Honda Accord

hemalpatel

October, 3, 2012 AT 5:09 PM

@3000 rpm it jerks, will not rev over 3000 rpm. These two codes came up after I had a leak from the bottom of the transmition that was just fixed and timing beld replaced.

October, 3, 2012 AT 5:47 PM

When trouble codes are triggerred, they can result in limp mode whereby you would not be able to rev above 3000 rpm. Getting the problem resolved would this.

P1361 is a fault with the crank sensor. Check the connector for contaminations, presence of water or improper connection.

P1738 is a fault with the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid "A" and this would affect gear shifting. Check the wire connections

hemalpatel

October, 5, 2012 AT 6:45 PM

Would you happen to have a diagram of the location for the solenoid "A" for this accord?

October, 5, 2012 AT 8:43 PM

I do not know which engine you have so I have included both. Solenoid A and B comes as an assembly and quite often it is an electrical fault that causes this.