GMC YUKON HEATER QUESTION

• StphnHrrll
  • 1998 GMC Yukon
  • automatic

I drive a 1998 GMC Yukon. The front heater stopped blowing out air. (You can feel the warmth or cold seeping out, just not blowing) I assumed it was just the blower motor but, my stereo started acting up as well. The stereo seems to work but, the speakers cut in and out, sometimes I can go an entire car ride without them coming on. The lights on the stereo (it is a stock system) are half out and the lights for the heater dials (right below the stereo) do not work. If I smack the dash a bunch sometimes they'll come on.

Is the heater not blowing the blower motor or can something electrical be going on?

Sunday, August 26th, 2012 AT 7:02 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Check for power to the motor. Check the blower resistor as well.

Sunday, August 26th, 2012 AT 7:27 PM
  • StphnHrrll

From what I've read, the blower resistor would mean that the vents only blow on high? I read on another site where someone had this issue and it was a bad fuse inside their stereo. Is that something that can affect the whole dashboard?

Monday, August 27th, 2012 AT 12:16 AM
  • ASEMaster6371

No, not the stereo fuse.

The blower resistor can totally fail or fail on just one or more modes. It needs to be checked with a voltmeter to confirm.

Monday, August 27th, 2012 AT 12:37 AM