WHY IS IT RUNNING REALLY ROUGH?

• CjCoolCharles
  • 1998 GMC Sierra

Was running great one day the I put new plugs in it was still running great it was almost on E so I stoped at a gas station and put about 5 gallons in it. Right when I started it it was running really rough. So I stop at a auto zone and put some fuel additive in the tank thinking maybe there was some water in the gas that I just got that didn't do anything. So then I stoped at a different gas station and filled it. The station was on a main road and gets alot of bussiness so the gas should have been good but that didnt help at all. So the next day I decided to run all the gas out of it I ran it till it was below E on the gauge and then got some more gas and it is still running really rough. The truck is a 2wd 305 v8.

Thursday, May 31st, 2012 AT 9:07 PM

• Docfixit

Suspect picked up[ debris in tank and has effected injectors. Try new filter and add SeaFoam to tank follow directions on product

Thursday, May 31st, 2012 AT 9:18 PM
  • CjCoolCharles

SeaFoam is the fuel additive that I used when it first started.

Thursday, May 31st, 2012 AT 9:32 PM
  • Docfixit

Try an injector cleaning service

Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 AT 7:17 PM