HOW DO YOU INSTALL A/C HIGH SIDE SERVICE PORT

1998 GMC Jimmy

roycar71

June, 10, 2012 AT 4:45 AM

When you need to install the high side port of A/C do you install a retro fitting or do you remove valve and replace with another one?

p.S. I have tried a few of my wrenches and noticed tube is easy to break. I want to be careful. Thanks.

caradiodoc

June, 10, 2012 AT 5:27 AM

Why are you trying to do anything with the fitting? Everything since 1994 already has the ports for R-134 so you don't have to retrofit anything.

roycar71

June, 10, 2012 AT 5:34 AM

There is a leak in port

caradiodoc

June, 10, 2012 AT 6:12 AM

OHHH! You replace the hose. Well, you replace the hose if the leak is outside the port as in where it's welded onto the hose. The port itself can't be replaced separately.

If you mean you see a little seepage coming out of the center because the valve isn't sealing, that's nothing to worry about. Those valves are only supposed to hold the refrigerant in until you screw the caps on. Those caps have rubber o-rings to seal the ports.

roycar71

June, 10, 2012 AT 6:29 AM

Hmm thanks for telling me that. I forgot to add it does not leak or do I hear air come out when cap is on. So I will keep cap on it.

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Blend Door Actuator Replacement