DOING A/C REPAIR ARE MANIFOLD GAUGES AND VACUUM NEEDED

1998 GMC Jimmy

roycar71

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:02 PM

Are manifold gauges and vacuum needed to evacuate and dry moisture out after flush? Or can I just hookup vacuum without gauges to one of the ports?

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:05 PM

Your best bet is have a professional do it

djcl

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:23 PM

How do you plan on charging it? And getting a vacuum on it

roycar71

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:29 PM

Harbor frieght has gauges and vacuum. I wanted to know can use just vacuum or do you need both to hookup together to do job? Manifold gauges can hookup to low port and high port right? Assuming vacuum can hookup to manifold gauges.

roycar71

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:34 PM

After changing out compressor and accumulater and flushing evaporator, condenser and tubes. Switching out orifice tube. I plan on put it all back together vacuum out moisture. Than take it to shop to have it recharged.

P.S. Forgot to make sure I change the o rings for all tubes too.

djcl

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:35 PM

To pull a vacuum you will need a vacuum pump. You can charge and vacuum on one side of the system. To get it charged good a pro should do it. It may not end up very cold with out the right equipment

roycar71

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:38 PM

Oh yeah, I also forgot that compressor needs pag oil. I guess any viscosity will probably do since that stuff is expensive.

djcl

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:41 PM

The shop that charges it will pull the vacuum on it befor charging it

roycar71

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:43 PM

Well after system is evacuated and parts are switched out or repaired. Components should be flushed right? Then put back together then vacuum out then recharge right? If so, my attention is to let profession recharge back. All these places around me will not do one thing without doing another, which is too expensive. Cheaper maybe if I get me so manifold gauges for bout $50 and vacuum for bout $100 do that part by myself.

roycar71

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:44 PM

Hmm didn't know that I will con firm that.

roycar71

May, 7, 2012 AT 7:48 PM

I just called jiffy lube, they do vacuum before recharging, but for extra charge though.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon