FUEL PUMP WENT SO WE HAD IT REPLACED

1998 GMC C1500

sliwa27

October, 16, 2012 AT 4:51 PM

Fuel pump went so we had it replaced. Mechanic didn't replace fuel filter at the same time. Truck ran, but kept stalling. Finally it quit starting. We replaced the fuel filter, still wouldn't start. Checked all electrical and it is working. Sprayed starting fluid in carb and it started up, took about 3 times stalling and starting to get it to keep running. Drove it one day. Next morning it was hard to start, but did start. Let it run a while. Got in and it stalled when brake was pressed to put it into drive. Now it won't start again. Seems like fuel isn't getting to carb or something. Any ideas?

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

October, 16, 2012 AT 4:57 PM

Check the fuel pump installation. Seems pressure is not holding or getting to the fuel rails.

Your vehicle is not equipped with carb. It is fuel injected and you must be refering to the throttle body.

sliwa27

October, 16, 2012 AT 5:23 PM

I can hear the pump kick on when I turn the key and it is getting to the filter because it was spraying out when we first installed the filter and didn't tighten connection well enough. It doesn't seem to hold pressure though.

October, 16, 2012 AT 5:44 PM

If it is not holding pressure, either the fuel pressure regulator is bad or the leak is intank meaning the hose between pump and housing is bad.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe