• Paula Oglesby
  • 1998 GMC Acadia
  • automatic
  • 2,600,000 miles

On my 1998 gmc 1500 it won't turn over. It tries but won't quite make it. I jumped it thinking it might be the battery and it started. Replace the battery and it won't turn over again. After I jumped it the one tim and it started I ran it around town, came home turned it off and it started right back up but after a couple of hours it wouldn't start again. Any suggestions? I really don't know what I'm doing barely know that much about mechanical issues. Thanks

Sunday, August 14th, 2011 AT 5:14 PM

• rasmataz

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Monday, August 15th, 2011 AT 11:48 PM