CAN I GET THE CRACK WELDED ON THE BOTTOM OF MY OIL PAN AT A REPAIR SHOP TO STOP MY OIL LEAK?

1998 Ford Mustang

jaythompson

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:17 AM

Hi, l have a 1998 ford mustang v-6 3.8 liter automatic. I ran over a big rock going to work yesterday. I lifted the car and set it on jack stands I notice that I have a crack in my oil pan about a half inch or less. Im leaking oil from the middle bottom of the oil pan it drip's. The pan underneath my car in the garage is almost half way full. The dealership ford said the part is discontiued for my year, they don't have them in stock at any part's store. Nor salvaged or wrecking yards. So I was wondering can I have mechanic at a repair shop weld the crack for me my oil pan is aluminum I think can you help me? Thank's.

July, 9, 2012 AT 2:20 AM

Go to a welding shop they'll take care of it

jaythompson

July, 9, 2012 AT 3:18 PM

Can a welding shop weld the crack on my 98 mustang's oil pan? Even though my oil pan is aluminum. I was told at a repair shop it can't be done.

July, 9, 2012 AT 8:41 PM

Find someone that could weld aluminum-No luck might work JB weld it and see if it 'll hold-

Crankshaft Main Seal Replace - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze
Engine Oil Change and Filter BMW X5
Engine Oil Change and Filter