PLEASE HELP ME WITH A DIAGRAMATIC SOLUTION TO FIX F 150 PICK UP TRUCK.
1998 Ford F-150
December, 25, 2011 AT 11:21 PM
Hi ASEMaster 6371,
Thank you very much for your answers to my problem in my F-150 Ford Pick-up truck 1998 model. The truth is that Ford is not a common vehicle in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and as such it is difficult to find a qualified mechanic and spare parts. For instance, it took me two days to leave P.H for Lagos just to look for where to buy the headlights of the vehicle.
I know that with your assistance, my general-purpose mechanic can handle the following problems on my vehicle:
1. Loud and long cranking before start. 2. Rough and uneven idling 3. Smokes very little when being trottled 4. Misfires 5. After running for about one hour, engine gets got and tail pipe pops like a riffle to cause engine hesitation until popping is over. Popping returns after further half a mile and sometimes engine stalls. However, there is no overheating on temperature guage. 6. When the engine is put off, a lot of knocking noise as though coming from a carpenter's workshop underneath the engine for about 3 minutes. 7. I am waiting to replace some vacuum hoses.
I am grateful for the time you have spent addressing my problem and I hope this time, you won't mind giving me a comprehensive advice that will get me and a mechanic take care of the above problems. Thank you.
1. Starter motor/and /or flywheel may be the issue as they are not mating correctly.
2. Check plugs, wires, coil for the missfire and if you have the acess to a compression gauge, use it first.
3. The popping could be related to the missfires. Get the missfires fixed and see if it is still there.
4. The noises you hear are the hot oil retunring to the oil pan and the expansion and contraction makes these noises.
If you give me your engine size, I can get you a vacuum routing picture for the motor.