MY HEAT BLOWS COLD AIR

• pepperjack
  • 1998 Ford Expedition

My heat blows cold air. I flushed the radiator, back flushed the entire coolant system 3 times, changed the thermostat, changed the blend door motor and replaced the water pump. The top radiator hose gets hot and real tight while the bottom hose barley gets warm. Any idea whats wrong

Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 AT 3:22 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

The temp difference of the rad hoses is normal. Are both heater core hoses getting hot with the heater on and the engine warm?

Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 AT 3:25 AM
  • pepperjack

Yes they are but still blowing cold air. Why is the top hose swelling

Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 AT 3:44 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

It is normal for the cooling system to build pressure. Make sure the pressure release is working on the radiator cap and the hose is still good. As far as the heat, if both hoses are hot, you still have a problem with the blend air door.

Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 AT 3:56 AM
  • pepperjack

Ok ill check both thanks for your expertise

Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 AT 4:07 AM
  • CJ MEDEVAC

I RECKON THAT RULES OUT AIR IN THE SYSTEM, IF BOTH HEATER HOSES ARE HOT AS THEY ENTER THE FIREWALL

SEE IF YOU SEE SOMETHING THAT COULD BE WRONG---AS THEY TAKE 'EM APART AND 'SPLAIN STUFF

IT'S GOTTA BE A DOOR STUCK--BROKE--NOT MOVING / ACTUATOR/ LINKAGE/ CONTROL/---NO POWER/ NO VACUUM ISSUE

YOU MIGHT EVEN CHANGE/ SWAP AROUND MY SEARCH WORDS AND GET OTHER/ BETTER YOU TUBE RESULTS

REGARDLESS---KEEP US POSTED---WE CAN TRY TO GET MORE INFO FOR YOU

YOU KNOW---JEEP CJs DON'T HAVE ALL OF THESE MODERN PROBLEMS--HEATER STUFF IS CABLE CONTROLLED.........MINES GOING ON 36 YEARS YOUNG, STILL WORKS FINE!

EVER THOUGHT ABOUT HAVING A "REAL VEHICLE" TO CRUISE IN?.........SEE THE LAST PART OF THIS ANSWER

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1992-buick-lesabre-while-installing-car-stereo-system-myself-more-after

GOTTA OFFER TRUE RELIEF......EVEN IF IT'S NOT ACCEPTED

YOUR TURN

Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 AT 4:47 AM