ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR BEHIND FUSE PANEL

1998 Ford Expedition

NJones76

I have just finished reinstalling the dash in my 98 Ford Expedition XLT 4.6L after replacing the heater core and blend door. I have all the electrical connections plugged back in except for 1 that I can't find the corresponding plug to. It is trapezoid shaped, black, has 6 cavities, 3 terminals in an 90 degree pattern, 3 wires or/bl or/gr bl, the wires are about 8 inches long and coming out of the back of the fuse panel. This is not the Data Link Connector. When I turn the key I get nothing but what sounds like a relay clicking. Where does this connector connect to? Please help and try to guide me to it. Thank you

rivermikerat

January, 17, 2012 AT 1:03 AM

Turn the key to Run and jump the starter solenoid. You may have a bad solenoid. That connector may be nothing more than a test connector.

NJones76

February, 3, 2012 AT 5:20 AM

After having to wait for the weather to break enough I finally got around to it. Found that it was the air suspension diagnostic connector. Got everything back together and running right. It's better than ever before now. Thanks for all your help

February, 3, 2012 AT 5:32 AM

WAS THAT "17" IN THE DIAGRAM FROM rivermikerat?

GLAD YOU GOT IT FIGURED OUT, NOTHING LIKE NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU COULDA MESSED UP. AND IT WIND UP BE NOTHING AT ALL!

EVEN WORSE IS REPLACING YOUR BAD JEEP IGNITION MODULE WITH A NEW "BAD" MODULE, THEN RIPPING DEEP INTO THE WIRING FOR TWO DAYS, BEFORE YOU TAKE THE NEW ONE BACK FOR TESTING TOO.I NOW TEST NEW STUFF BEFORE I LEAVE THE STORE

rivermikerat

February, 3, 2012 AT 5:38 AM

Glad to know you got it figured out. Thanks for letting us know. Tell you friends about us.

Closing thread.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011